Electric vs. Gas Radiators
Are you struggling to solve the debate between which is better – Gas or electric? Today our Electric Heating Experts based in Fleet are going to help you finally decide which the most suitable option for you is.
Naturally, we are pro electric as it is proven to be cheaper, offers easier installation, doesn’t require access to a chimney and is great at heating up smaller spaces such as a home study or bedroom.
However, it isn’t as simple as saying that one option is better. There are many factors that will determine which is more economical, efficient and cost-effective for you. So, before you commit to an electric radiator, here are some things to think about prior to making an investment.
As mentioned earlier, gas radiators can be significantly cheaper to run and are particularly good at heating up larger open spaces. However, the initial costs and installation process can be more troublesome. Some things to consider include:
• Boiler Installation can cost in the region of £2,500 to £3,000 on average depending on where you are based in the UK.
• Boilers and gas central heating will require checks on a periodic basis.
• Electric radiators can be switched off and offer greater flexibility.
• Electric heaters have cheaper installation costs associated with them and can be purchased from the Electrical Heating Experts from as little as £276.00.
• Devices can be installed within minutes.
• No pipes to worry about meaning our radiators can be located in most areas of the house.
• Our EHE radiators are more energy efficient than standard storage heaters.
• A great option if you don’t have access to a chimney.
• The running costs of your electric heater will be significantly cheaper if your property already benefits from good insulation as this will reduce the overall heat loss.
• If you don’t require long- term heating then electric heating is ideal as it can be switched off when you are at work or away for long periods of time.
• By following the tips from our previous heating hacks post you can improve the overall insulation of your home without necessarily incurring additional costs and these tips can benefit you even if you have gas radiators.
The bottom line...
At Electric Heating Expert we will never push you to make a purchase, insist on home surveys or state that our radiators are the best option for you, we will simply provide the facts to help you make an informed decision and ensure that we are on hand to answer any queries that you may have. In addition, to providing you with our expertise, we provide easy installation instructions for you to follow should you decide to purchase from our range.
If you have a large home, access to a chimney and already have a decent boiler installed then gas heating may well be the best option for you. However, that doesn’t mean an electric heater should be dismissed for your conservatory or garage.
Alternatively, electric radiators shouldn’t be dismissed if you require heating in your bathroom or suffer from skin conditions such as eczema as our range minimises the drying effect and thus improving your home environment.